My Lovely Life Abroad visits Richmond London
|Hi from Richmond train station|
Richmond is a London borough only 8 miles, or a half hour southwest of Central London, accessible by boat, train, car or the District Line on the tube. Founded in the 16th century by Henry VII, it now boasts over 20,000 residents, and borders the River Thames.
|charming courtyard in Richmond village|
|St Mary Magdelene Courtyard off Church Court|
As you come out the other end of the block, you will be facing Richmond Green, a beautiful city park filled with dogs, kids and people enjoying a day out.
|Richmond Green in January|
|The Cricketers Pu|
|feeding gulls along the riverbank|
More things to do in and around Richmond....
1. Explore and shop the Richmond High Street
2. have a picnic on Richmond Green
3. Dine along the River Thames Waterfront
4. Rent a boat
5. Try to see the deer in Richmond Park
6. Visit Kew Gardens
7. Petersham Nursery shop and have Afternoon Tea
8. Visit Historic Ham House
9. Kew Palace
10. The National Archives
11. Teddington Lock
12. Walk the Thames Path National Trail
13. Walk part of the London Outer Orbital Path
14. Visit Twickenham Stadium
15. Take a boat ride to Hampton Court Palace
Richmond, until next time!
|View of the Bridge, Richmond|